News World-News

China accuses India of 'deliberate provocation' over border clash

China accuses India of 'deliberate provocation' over border clash
Indian soldiers erect a military bunker along the Srinagar-Leh National highway. [image: nypost]

China has accused Indian troops of a "deliberate provocation" in its first official comments on Monday's deadly clash at a disputed Himalayan border.

China's Foreign Ministry says the troops had crossed into Chinese territory and attacked, triggering "fierce physical conflicts".

India's PM Narendra Modi says no foreign soldiers had crossed India's borders and no territory had been lost.

Modi vowed that India would defend its border with military force if necessary.

Twenty Indian soldiers were killed in the clash in the Galwan Valley.

India has said that both sides suffered losses during the fighting.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
LIVE SCORES
Arsenal 1–0 Burnley Full Time
Bournemouth vs Man City 6:30AM
Chelsea vs Spurs 7:15AM
Bula FC 0–1 South Island United Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 Auckland FC Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 South Melbourne FC Full Time
Chiefs vs Crusaders 7:05PM
Brumbies vs Waratahs 9:35PM
Moana Pasifika vs Reds 4:35PM
Raiders vs Dolphins 9:50PM
Bulldogs vs Storm 10:00PM
Dragons vs Warriors 7:30PM
vs
Fiji vs USA 8:00PM
Fiji vs Australia 12:51AM