Feature Feature Court

Alleged Koronivia murder accused remanded and case transferred to Suva High Court

Vacolo Qio is charged with murder and robbery

Alleged Koronivia murder accused remanded and case transferred to Suva High Court
[Photo: File]

28-year-old Vacolo Qio, who has been charged with alleged robbery and the murder of a 75-year-old woman in Koronivia at her home last Thursday, has been remanded in custody.

Qio appeared in the Nausori Magistrates Court today and his case has been transferred to the Suva High Court.

Police had earlier said that the woman's body was found by her sister in her home on Thursday morning.

Acting Assistant Commissioner of Police – Crime Mesake Waqa had said that based on the findings and examination of the crime scene, there was an element of foul play.

The case will be called again on the 2nd of next month.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
LIVE SCORES
Man City vs Aston Villa 3:00AM
Brighton vs Man United 3:00AM
Fulham vs Newcastle 3:00AM
Bula FC 0–1 South Island United Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 Auckland FC Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 South Melbourne FC Full Time
Chiefs vs Crusaders 7:05PM
Brumbies vs Waratahs 9:35PM
Moana Pasifika vs Reds 4:35PM
Raiders 22–30 Dolphins Full Time
Bulldogs vs Storm 10:00PM
Dragons vs Warriors 7:30PM
vs
Fiji vs USA 8:00PM
Fiji vs Australia 12:51AM