News Police

30-year-old man alleged to be involved in Savusavu aggravated robbery, arrested

30-year-old man alleged to be involved in Savusavu aggravated robbery, arrested
[Photo: File]

A 30-year-old man who is alleged to be involved in an aggravated robbery case where he and three others stole a taxi in Savusavu last week has been arrested.

Chief Operations Officer ACP Abdul Khan says following the receipt of the report, a team was formed to locate the suspects involved.

He says last Thursday, the Savusavu Police received a report from a 33-year-old taxi driver that he was allegedly robbed by four men, who later fled in his vehicle.

The vehicle was found abandoned along Fenton Road in Naqere.

ACP Khan says officers worked around the clock to get those involved, and a raid conducted this morning resulted in the arrest of the 30-year-old man in Naqere.

The identity of the other three suspects is known to Police, and the 30-year-old man remains in custody as investigations continue.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
LIVE SCORES
Man City vs Aston Villa 3:00AM
Brighton vs Man United 3:00AM
Fulham vs Newcastle 3:00AM
Bula FC 0–1 South Island United Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 Auckland FC Full Time
Bula FC 0–2 South Melbourne FC Full Time
Chiefs 32–36 Crusaders Full Time
Brumbies 21–14 Waratahs Full Time
Moana Pasifika vs Reds 4:35PM
Raiders 22–30 Dolphins Full Time
Bulldogs 30–20 Storm Full Time
Dragons vs Warriors 7:30PM
vs
Fiji vs USA 8:00PM
Fiji vs Australia 12:51AM