Fijivillage
NEWS SPORTS

18 youths allegedly involved in Nabua brawl yesterday questioned and released

18 youths allegedly involved in Nabua brawl yesterday questioned and released

By Navitalai Naivalurua , Naveel Krishant
Wednesday 14/04/2021
[Photo: Leon Lord]

The 18 youths from Sukanaivalu Road who were taken into custody for their alleged involvement in the brawl in Nabua yesterday have been questioned and released.

Police confirm investigations are ongoing.

It is alleged that these youths threw stones at other men from Mead Road and as a result landed two of them aged 21 and 27 years at the CWM Hospital.

Police Chief Operations Officer, ACP Abdul Khan says some key players have been identified in their ongoing investigation and house to house visits.

30 police officers are closely monitoring the situation in Nabua.

Meanwhile, no one has been charged for the Sukanaivalu Road and Mead Road Housing brawl that took place on the 3rd of this month.

During this incident, a group of people from Sukanaivalu Road had allegedly assaulted some of the boys at Mead Road Housing.

Two people were admitted to the CWM Hospital as they sustained serious injuries after being allegedly hit by cane knives.

It is alleged the group from Sukanaivalu Road were armed with cane knives, steel rods and pieces of timber.

Many of the boys at Mead Road Housing had to run to the Police Mobile Command Post stationed in the area for their safety.

Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations

CFL radio frequencies
IN DEPTH
Health Ministry continues to trace, screen and test all contacts of current COVID-19 cases in Fiji
Contact tracing continues for the potential super spreader event which is a funeral at Peceliema Church in Tavakubu. Mon 19th Apr Tue 20th ...
4 days ago

COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Fiji
Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama says he is getting vaccinated because it is what we all must do to defeat this pandemic once and for ...
17 days ago

Coca Cola Games 2021
Coca-Cola Games will depend on the approval from the Health and Education ...
20 days ago
FEATURE NEWS
7 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases confirmed today
7 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases have been confirmed and the Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says the recent cases from Laut...
6 hours ago
LATEST NEWS
Car reverses into CJS Supermarket
A car reversed into CJS Supermarket in Nabua earlier this evening. This has been confirmed in a facebook post by the supermarket owner, Charan ...
3 hours ago

FEMAT Field Hospitals anticipated to be operational by tomorrow - Dr. Tudravu
Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Jemesa Tudravu says they anticipate the FEMAT Field Hospitals at the old Government Supplies building in Natokowaqa and ...
5 hours ago

6 COVID cases are under investigation – Dr. Sahukhan
Fiji now has 49 active cases as we have recorded 7 new locally transmitted cases. The Head of the Health Protection, Dr Aalisha Sahukhan says 6 ...
5 hours ago

Other civil servants providing supporting roles to Health Ministry
Permanent Secretary for Health Doctor James Fong says other civil servants will not be doing medical frontline work and they will only provide ...
5 hours ago

93,000 Fijians have so far received their first COVID-19 vaccine shots
93,000 people have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccines. Permanent Secretary for Health, Doctor James Fong says the COVID-safe habits ...
5 hours ago

TOP