A Vatuwaqa family is pleading for assistance after a fire destroyed their house and belongings yesterday.
76-year-old Vinay Singh who has mobility issues says they have lost everything in the fire and are currently staying at a relative's house in Nausori.
He says the 3 bedroom house was shared and rented by another family who lost everything in the tragic fire and are also seeking assistance.
Singh’s daughter-in-law Swastika Singh says she is also trying to get help from other organizations.
If you would like to assist the family, please contact Ronil on 8485284.
Meanwhile, the National Fire Authority says investigations reveal that a visitor was lighting the stove to boil tea when a suspected gas leak caused the house fire.
NFA says the Suva Fire Station was alerted about the fire at 9.45am and the team was able to respond immediately. However, upon arrival at the scene the house was fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire to stop the spread to other buildings and houses.
Stay tuned for the latest news on our radio stations